Office of the Vice-Provost Academic
Senior Coordinator, Educational Programming and Exhibitions
Archives of Ontario
Curriculum Specialist, Office of the Vice-Provost Academic, York University (2017-2018)
- Project managed the pan-university project: Digital Humanities and Social Sciences for Teaching & Learning funded by the Academic Innovation Fund (AIF) through the Office of the Vice President Research and Innovation
- Developed and oversaw strategy implementation for the development of four online exhibits to showcase York University’s unique archival holdings
Education Consultant, Historic Spaces (2015-2018)
The Office of the Vice-Provost Academic, York University
- With my expert and demonstrated knowledge with multiple facets of postsecondary education, I was engaged by senior administration to engage in qualitative research with faculty related to the capacity of Research Units to engage in relevant, quality, and innovative curriculum re-design based on collaborative community outreach and educational programming with new and established stakeholders.
- Provided expert consultant to senior administration on recommended program delivery and accountability strategies. Report included research analysis, recommendations, and strategic advice for academic professional development activities for faculty.
University of Toronto Press
- Acted as an expert consultant in exemplary teaching practices, active learning strategies, and innovative assessment approaches to enrich student learning and faculty teaching for the higher education market by creating resources for educational professionals that aligned with institutional priories.
- Provided leadership and strategic direction for innovative and scholarly teaching and learning practices to support student learning, by inspiring faculty to explore innovative teaching methods with the use of online companion resources that aligned with Universal Design of Learning Principles.
Senior Coordinator of Educational Programming and Exhibitions, Archives of Ontario (2012- 2014)
- Provided leadership and strategic direction for two large-scale innovative and scholarly education and exhibition projects from conception to realization, which supported student learning, demonstrated exemplary teaching practices, and modelled active learning strategies with established and revised curriculum. Result was a reach of 7,000+ students/teachers.
- Provided province-wide leadership of student-centric professional development activities for educators by developing and implementing a professional development program for practicing and novice educators and championed experimentation in exploring innovative teaching methods. Professional Development program was used by multiple school districts, including the Ottawa-Carlton District School Board and the Lambton Kent District School Board and by Faculties of Education, including those at York University and University of Toronto.
- Used leadership principles in team management and problem solving to project manage the largest, most innovative, successful, and award-winning exhibition to date. Assembled, managed, and motivated team members by coordinated team activities and maintained schedules by emphasizing daily process and long-term goal setting, team-based collaboration, quality and sound financial forecasting. Created a positive, team-based culture that stressed high-standards of innovation and performance, while assigning work, creating schedules, managing performances, resolving issues, and listening and responding to concerns of internal and external team members.
- Prepared reports and presentations for management, stakeholders, and professional communities that synthesized research and relevant data.
Project Manager, "Understanding Power, Appreciating Difference: Addressing stigma and discrimination through community-informed curriculum, grades 9-12," York University and University of Victoria (2007 & 2009)
- Managed an innovative and engaging web-based public education project that included supervising budget and four staff across two universities
- Merged tools and emerging website technologies to design website framework that included lesson plans, archives, and support materials for stakeholders and community members
- Engaged community for market research and built partnerships that resulted in a successful higher-education grant proposal
- Developed and delivered presentation and support materials to launch project at an annual stakeholder conference